In life, sometimes, we have to experience sudden pain such as an earache, toothache, back pain, etc.
With out-of-control pains, you should see a doctor. But when the pain is just beginning and light, you can use the pain tips in your kitchen.
Earache is one such case. Often earaches can lead to hearing impairment, which can affect life. Some causes of ear pain include ear infections, osteoarthritis, earwax or strange objects stuck in the ear, pressure changes, eardrum damage, sore throat and sinus infections.
However, discomfort and pain in the ear can be treated without the need for traditional western medicine, but with sufficient and available essential oils. Some essential oils are used to warm the body, calm the mind, bring comfort, lightness, etc. and especially can help in respiratory, nasal, sputum, pain relief, anti-inflammatory, thus relieve an earache.
Here are methods using essential oils for earaches that you can take at home.
1. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is the most common essential oil of all essential oils for an earache that people have been used.
- Firstly, you dilute tea tree oil with water (the ideal temperature for water is as hot as the temperature body heat)
- You phase 10 drops of tea tree oil (equivalent to 0,5 ml of tea tree oil) with 10 ml of water.
- Pour the mixture into the small jar with the cylinder.
- Take the cylinder to fill with the mixture. You can do this when bathing or shampooing.
- Point the cylinder up and gently pump until the mixture begins to come out.
- When there is still space, drain a little more water so that the cylinder is full of water so that the air cannot come in when you wash your ear.
- Tilt your head, gently pump water into the ear canal and allow it to drain itself.
- Repeat with the other ear.
- Gently dry your ears by pouring drops of eye drop along with alcohol on each side of the ear canal. It will dry the ears by absorbing moisture.
We always advise and warn you not to use pure essential oils directly on the skin because each person has a different body. At the same time diluting the oil also reduces the concentration of essential oils.
- You heat one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 6 – 7 drops of tea tree oil to warm in a pan.
- Lay your affected ears on the thin cloth.
- Using the dropper to fill the ears with the mixture through the cloth, not fill directly on the ears.
- Keep the mixture stay in your ears for 10 minutes before cleaning.
- You should do 2 – 3 times a day and continuously for three days to relieve an earache.
2. Lavender essential oil
How to do:
- Give 2-3 drops of lavender oil, absorb the cotton swab and clean the ear.
- If you are afraid of irritation, you should dilute the oil with water first and then soak the cotton swab.
- Regular cleaning of the ear twice a day, the ingredients in the oil will help to clean the harmful bacteria on the ear, preventing the infiltration process causing inflammation that affects the hearing, causing pain.
In just a few moments, lavender oil helps you to clean your ears, reduce earaches, tinnitus due to inflammation.
Do not hesitate anymore without using lavender oil to care for your family health.
3. Thyme essential oil
How to do:
- You mix 6 – 7 drops of thyme oil with water and then pour the mixture into the small jar with the size of an ear drop.
- Before dropping ear with thyme oil, it is advisable to warm the eardrop, primarily when used in the cold season, as if a cold solution in the ear will cause a reaction in the internal ear canal or sudden dizziness.
- Place the cotton ball so that it is covered with your ears.
- You pour 2-3 drops per side on one side through the cotton ball.
- Tilt head upward for about a minute, then back to normal position, wipe off excess drops at the ear.
How to warm and check the temperature:
- Soak the eardrop containing thyme oil into a small glass of hot water for about 1 minute.
- Shake, try a small drop on the back of the hand, if it is warm, you can use.
4. Almond essential oil
Almond essential oil is the other choice of all essential oils for an earache that you should apply.
How to do:
- Firstly, you add 5 – 6 drops of almond oil to warm water.
- To relieve an earache and soothe the ears, soak a clean towel in the mixture and compress it to the infected ear for about 20 minutes.
- Or, you add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil, 7 – 8 drops of almond oil into a bowl of boiling water.
- Inhale the water mixture through your nose until the pain subsides, as this will relieve pressure and help drain the fluid from the ear.
Alternatively, soak a cotton ball in almond oil and place it in the ear. It reduces mucositis and removes the active bacteria that cause pain, redness and itching.
5. Lemon essential oil
Lemon essential oil has properties with high antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, thus relieve ear infection effectively.
The most outstanding effect of lemon essential oil compared to essential oils for an earache is to have the ability to open Eustachian tube.
Earache usually due to obstruction of the mucus in the Eustachian tube, Eustachian tube is a small duct that connects to the nose, throat, and ear together. Therefore, when taking a sauna with the nose, you will reduce the pressure on the eardrum.
- Pour the boiling water into a glass jar and add 3-4 drops of lemon oil.
- Then take two hands to cover the vial, and sniff lemon oil with both nostrils, breathe through the mouth and inhale as much vapor as possible.
- Do two times per day; each time is 8 hours apart.
- Do a route for a week, then stop 2-4 days and continue to do this method for a week.
- You pour the boiling water into the small pot, add a few drops of lemon oil and stir well.
- Cover the head with a towel and put your face downwards with the reasonable distance to breathe the steam until the water cools.
- You do two times a day.
To treat this condition, you need to determine the cause as soon as possible and choose a proper essential oil for an earache and combine with consulting your doctor, depending on the severity of the problem.